- This event has passed.
PESA QLD: Lunch Presentation, 17th February– Geoff Bongers
Thursday, 17 February, 2022 @ 12:15 pm - 2:00 pm (Australia/Brisbane time)Free – $95.00
This month PESA Queensland welcomes Geoff Bongers to present a technical luncheon entitled “Does Fossil Fuel Power Generation Have Role In A Decarbonised NEM?”
The Technical Lunch will be held at the Brisbane Hilton Hotel, in the Victoria Room with access from the Hilton Main Foyer on Level 6.
For detailed directions, see explanation below.
Please note the Early Bird ticket pricing cut-off times described below.
|Presentation:||Does Fossil Fuel Power Generation Have Role In A Decarbonised NEM?|
|Venue:||Hilton Hotel Brisbane, 190 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
Victoria’s Room, Level 6
(Detailed directions below)
|Date & Time:||Thursday, 17th February 2022, 12:15 pm|
Does Fossil Fuel Power Generation Have Role In A Decarbonised NEM?
The nature of our electricity generation assets within the Australian East Cost Electricity system continues to change as Federal and particularly State Governments seek to both promote and deploy variable renewable energy (particularly wind and solar PV) as part of their plans to broadly decarbonise their economies. Within this context, Total System Cost is slowly being understood to be an important metric to be focused on and optimised, as the electricity system is transformed. So, what does all this mean for coal and gas power generation in a future where minimising the total system cost becomes the focus?
Tickets for the Technical Luncheon can be purchased below.
Please be advised of the early bird cut-off date.
Early bird pricing will remain available up until Monday 7th of February, 11:00 AM after which, standard pricing will come into effect.
Final numbers to venue required by Monday 14th of February, 9:00 AM – To avoid disappointment please register before that date and time.
|Early Bird Ticket Price||Standard Ticket Price|
|PESA Members – $55
Non-Members – $75
Student / Retired Members – $30
|PESA Members – $75
Non-Members – $95
Student / Retired Members – $30
Registrants may elect to book a ‘Talk Only’ ticket below. Chairs will be made available at the back of the room for members wishing to attend the presentation.
Talk Only tickets are free of charge, however, no refreshments or lunch is included.
Hilton Covid Safe Policy
- At this time, we wish to advise that the Queensland Government has mandated only fully vaccinated people are able to enter restricted areas as identified in the Public Health Directive from the 17th December 2021. At the Hilton Brisbane, restricted areas include Vintaged Bar + Grill, Executive Lounge, and all event rooms (including level 5 foyer), and proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required for entry to these areas of the hotel.
- Proof of vaccination can be added to the Queensland Check-In App. It is already a requirement that you use the App to Check-in when you visit a venue, and a Hilton Hotel team member will check with you to ensure compliance with the State Government mandate.
- Guests staying at the hotel will not have to be vaccinated for accommodation purposes. However, they will not be able to enter and remain in Vintaged Restaurant and Bar or attend an event. Only fully vaccinated people can go into those parts of the hotel ‘as above’.
- Masks must be worn at all times in hospitality venues except when seated. This includes pubs, clubs, restaurant, cafes, food courts and other venues where a person buys and consumes food, drinks and ready to eat meals.
- Guests will be required to take a seat at a table upon arrival, and pre-lunch drinks will be served at the table.
The venue location can be accessed by two means:
1) Entry from Queen Street Mall
Enter the lifts located just to the left of Mick O’Malley’s Irish Pub, and take the lifts to Level 6. Once you exit the lifts, the Victoria Room is immediately to the left.
2) Entry from Elizabeth Street
Enter the foyer located on 190 Elizabeth Street, and take the lifts to Level 6 (Main Foyer). The Victoria Room is located in the back of the main foyer towards the right as you walk past Vintaged Restaurant.
|Keep track of upcoming PESA QLD Events:
Click here to view PESA QLD Events Calendar on the web