PESA NSW Tertiary Institution Study Grants
PESA NSW study grants are available to full time students who will be attending a NSW University or School of Technology in 2018 and who will be studying geology, geophysics, environmental science or petroleum engineering. Students who are involved in a research project which emphasises petroleum or coal seam methane exploration are also eligible to apply. Recipients of the award will be invited to make a brief presentation of their research project at the upcoming PESA NSW Student-Industry Night (date to be confirmed).
This prize is kindly sponsored by Oil Search and Bridgeport. A company representative will present an award to the winners during the Student-Industry night. There will also be a photo-op for an article in the national PESA News in the following month(s).
Value of Grants
Individual grants total $1000 and up to three of these grants may be awarded in 2018. Although it is anticipated that funds will be used for field and laboratory work, reference materials and research project equipment, use of the funds will be at the discretion of the recipient.
The award of individual study grants will be made with reference to the following:
- Available for full time 3rd yr undergraduates, Honours Students, MSc or PhD Students
- Relevance of course work or the research project to the petroleum industry
- Technical significance of the project or course work
- Supervisor’s/lecturers input regarding the applicant’s aptitude
- Completed the application form in full
- Attached a current Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Membership with PESA: https://www.pesa.com.au/shop/memberships/pesa-student-membership/
PESA Student membership is free and includes access to the PESA library and subsidised attendance at technical lunches and short courses