The Western Australian branch of the Petroleum Exploration Society of Australia (PESA WA) is offering scholarships to students studying a petroleum exploration related discipline. The aim of the program is to promote and encourage petroleum related research and education in Western Australia. In 2019, scholarships will be awarded to distinguished students undertaking full-time study at a Western Australian university in 2020.
These awards are open to students in the following categories:
- PESA WA Third Year Scholarship (one award of $200)
- PESA WA Honours Scholarship (one award of $400)
- PESA WA Masters Scholarship by Coursework or Research (one award of $600)
Eligibility criteria and guidelines are provided below. Application form is included on page 2.
The PESA WA Award Program is open to students who, at the application deadline, are:
- Enrolled as a third year, higher undergraduate or post-graduate student in a geology or geophysics program at The University of Western Australia or Curtin University, intending to continue study in 2020.
- A current student member of PESA.
Students wishing to be considered for a PESA WA Award need to be members in 2019. Student membership is free and includes free access to the PESA library and subsidised attendance at technical lunches and short courses. Registration is available online at www.pesa.com.au.
Applications should be received by the committee prior to the application deadline of October 19, 2019.
Applications will be assessed by the PESA WA committee. Successful applicants will be notified and invited to the Christmas technical luncheon in December 2019 to receive their award and share a short abstract of their project with the audience. Honours and MSc candidates are requested to provide an article about their current research for the PESA News magazine (see below). The article of highest merit will be published in PESA News.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must include the following in their application:
- A completed Application Form;
- A certified copy of their Tertiary Academic Record;
- Honours and Masters Candidates should include a short article (<2 pages) about their research project, which is suitable for publication in the PESA news magazine.
Completed application forms and accompanying documentation should be emailed to email@example.com
prior to the application deadline of October 19, 2019.