2017 Karoon Gas – VIC/TAS PESA Scholarships
$1,000 Honours Candidate
$1,500 Masters Candidate
Open to both Honours & Masters candidates studying a geoscience, energy-related academic program in Victoria or Tasmania. The scholarship will be awarded to students who are
- Members of PESA
- Working on a project relevant to the geoscience, energy-related industry. Some examples include sedimentology, basin analysis, structural geology, geophysics, geochemistry, palaeontology, petroleum geology, carbon sequestration, coal seam gas, or geothermal.
- The applicant should have a good academic record and a record of personal achievement.
- The award is to assist students with university fees, subsistence, or project costs such as data acquisition and processing or travel and accommodation for field work or conferences.
- The recipients will be expected to present a 10-15min overview of the results of their projects at a Melbourne PESA technical monthly meeting.
Applications due August 4, 2017
In your application include:
- a one page CV, listing education history, work experience, personal achievements (e.g. awards, memberships, volunteer work), your academic record, and your contact details.
- a one page outline of your project (signed or endorsed by your supervisor), including a brief statement of current project sponsorship, if applicable.
Please forward any questions and application to: