DUG is an Australian-based technology company at the forefront of high-performance computing. At DUG, we design and operate some of the largest and greenest computational systems in the world. DUG offers high-performance computing as a service (HPCaaS) through its DUG McCloud platform.
With deep roots in software development and big data processing in the exploration of oil and gas, DUG is now growing and expanding its HPCaaS offering to the research, education and engineering sectors. DUG HPCaaS is available to any industry such as astrophysics, chemical, physical and structural modelling, genomics and bioinformatics, machine learning, meteorology, image processing, to name but a few.
We are looking for an experienced Global Sales & Business Development Manager to join our growing team. This important role will require resilience and significant hands-on commitment.
List of Responsibilities (not necessarily exhaustive):
- Develop and execute a sales strategy for the non-O&G (oil and gas) industry in conjunction with the Managing Director while incrementally improving the strategy within the O&G industry.
Hire new talent into the current business development (BD) and sales teams. Manage the extended teams.
- Develop arrangements to promote business growth (eg incentive schemes) considering both existing and new clients.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities and build relationships with existing, new and potential clients.
- Develop and ensure consistent sales best practices at both a global and local level.
Ensure sales teams are well supported and educated.
- Coach and support sales and BD groups with client interactions when appropriate, ie be “hands-on ”.
- Continuously build and manage the sales pipeline.
- Report sales activities to the company executive on a monthly basis.
- Be a member of the company executive.
Required Abilities and Knowledge:
- Significant and proven experience in an intense, fast-paced, and target-oriented business environment.
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate directions and technical information.
- Analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- People management including the ability to lead, motivate and educate.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dug.com.