Buru Energy Limited, an independent ASX listed Australian oil and gas company, is seeking a motivated geoscientist for a temporary staff position to work in the company’s subsurface team based in Perth, Western Australia.
Candidates must reside in Western Australia and have the right to work in Australia.
The minimum educational and experience requirements for the position are:
- A Master’s Degree in Petroleum Geoscience
- At least seven years industry experience as a Petroleum Geoscientist working for an operating oil and gas exploration and production company
Candidates must possess good communication skills, be creative, independent and demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Interpretation of 2D and 3D onshore seismic data, subsurface mapping, time to depth conversion and stratigraphic well correlation
- Recent experience in operational geology and drilling support
- Prospect generation, writing of well proposals and well completion reports
- Usage of either Petrel or DSG (Landmark), and ArcGIS
- The geology and petroleum systems of the onshore Canning and other onshore basins of WA
- Well trajectory planning for vertical, deviated and horizontal wells
Preference will be shown for candidates who have:
- Current Australian CPR, First Aid and current Australian manual drivers licence
- Exceptional commitment to safety in the workplace
- Short term availability
Generous package and benefits will be offered for the role.
To apply for this job email your details to FrankGlass@buruenergy.com