- This event has passed.
PESA QLD: Technical Luncheon, 17th September – Mr Duncan Lockhart
Thursday, 17 September @ 12:15 pm - 2:00 pm (Australia/Brisbane time)Free – $95
This is our first event since the COVID-19 Pandemic began, it will be hosted at our usual venue in compliance with the Brisbane Hilton COVID Safe Plan.
Measures that we will be taking on the day to ensure your safety :
• Please adhere to social distancing rules (1.5m apart) at all times.
• On arrival at the Victoria Room you will be asked to check-in using a QR scan code. You can do this using your mobile phone. If you do not have a QR code compatible mobile phone, a PESA Qld Committee Member will check-in on your behalf.
• No stand up or mingling before the event. Please proceed directly to a table and be seated. Welcome drinks will be served and consumed seated at the table.
• Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the room and in the centre of each table.
• Numbers will be limited to one person per 4 square meters with a maximum of 6 people per table.
• There will be adequate distancing between tables.
• Seating will be provided for talk only guests at the back of the room and will be adequately spaced to comply with social distancing rules.
• Please do not leave your table unless attending the bathroom.
• On completion of the event please check-out and leave the venue in a timely manner.
For the safety of all attendees and Hilton Hotel guests, PESA Queensland ask that you do not attend this event if:
-in the last fourteen days you have been unwell or have been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19
-in the last fourteen days you have travelled to and returned from interstate or overseas
If you are showing signs of being unwell, having any respiratory symptoms (even mild) or showing signs of fever, you will be requested to return home and seek medical attention.
This month, PESA QLD is happy to welcome Mr Duncan Lockhart from Central Petroleum to present a technical luncheon entitled “An out of this world concept, sequence stratigraphy and Mars.”
The Technical Lunch will be held at the Brisbane Hilton Hotel, in the Victoria Room with access from the Hilton Main Foyer on level 6.
For detailed directions, see explanation below.
Please note the Early Bird ticket pricing cutoff times described below.
|Presentation:||An out of this world concept, sequence stratigraphy and Mars|
|Venue:||Hilton Hotel Brisbane, 190 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
Victoria Room, Access from Level 6.
(Detailed directions below)
|Date & Time:||Thursday, 17th September 2020, 12:15 pm|
Satellite imagery of Mars has revealed a number of stunning examples of delta development on the surface of Mars. Is it possible apply the fundamentals of sequence stratigraphy (sediment supply versus accommodation) to derive a better understanding of the development of these extra-terrestrial features and how do they compare to some Earth bound examples.
Tickets for the Technical Luncheon can be purchased below.
Please be advised of the early bird cutoff date.
Early bird pricing will remain available up until Wednesday 9th of September, 5:00 PM after which, standard pricing will come into effect.
|Early Bird Ticket Price||Standard Ticket Price|
|PESA Members – $55
Non-Members – $75
Student / Retired Members – $30
|PESA Members – $75
Non-Members – $95
Student / Retired Members – $30
Registrants may elect to book a ‘Talk Only’ ticket below. Chairs will be made available at the back of the room for members wishing to attend the presentation.
Talk Only tickets are free of charge, however, no refreshments or lunch is included.
Brisbane Hilton Victoria Room can be accessed by two means. Detailed directions are below:
1) Entry from Queen Street Mall
Enter the lifts located just to the left of Mick O’Malley’s Irish Pub, and take the lifts to Level 6. Once you exit the lifts, the Victoria Room is immediately to the left.
2) Entry from Elizabeth Street
Enter the foyer located on 190 Elizabeth Street, and take the lifts to level 6 (Main Foyer). The Victoria Room is located in the back of the main foyer towards the right as you walk past Vintaged Restaurant.
|Keep track of upcoming PESA QLD Events:
Click here to view PESA QLD Events Calendar on the webClick here to subscribe to PESA QLD Events by adding it to your Google Calendar